One little word. Harmony.
New Years Resolutions. Every year I make them.
Every year I break them.
So this year I am going to try really hard to make resolutions that challenge me, but that I can and more importantly WANT to actually keep. The wanting is the piece that has been missing I think. We shall see. My word this year – HARMONY. I have come to learn that BALANCE does not mean an equal distribution of time, effort, care, etc. But that each part of my life is in sync and in the proper priority – then I can be closer to achieving HARMONY.
This year I have a plan to reach this state of harmony.
- live a healthier lifestyle – use my gym membership. Eat more veggies. Drink less soda. Drink more water. Get more sleep.
- be more faithful – study the words of my faith (study the scriptures, read more conference talks) ACT upon the words I have learned.
- enjoy life – spend more time with the kids. spend less time worrying about the unimportant. travel somewhere new this year.
- organization – this is probably the toughest. But I am certain that becoming more organized is an important step to my quest for harmony.
- discipline – be more financially disciplined (saving before sephora, chores before TV)
- learn – this is the year I am going to take some of my skills to the next level. It is also the year I am going to try something new. (like Archery)
- give – give more. serve more. learn from the example of the wonderful people in my life who give so much.
FAMILY & FRIENDS
- love more – I am excitable by nature. This year I am going to try to be more in control of this. I love my kids and family more than anything in the world, this year – I will show it.
- balance – one of the hardest things to do as a single parent, is to achieve balance. But I will try. I know that balance does not mean that I have an equal distribution of time and such, but that my family takes proper priority in my life.
- make time – I have so many wonderful friends who have been so supportive, who make my life happier. I am going to make time for these dear friends.
- organization – such an important part of overall harmony.
- development – help develop my team. develop my own skills.
- positivity – work can be stressful, no way around that. This year I am going to try to take the road of positivity and be an example to those around me.
- Travel – I really want to make it a goal to travel somewhere I have not been before this year. Probably going to be stateside. With a longer term goal to visit Europe before I turn 40. (which is NOT this year)
- Share – I want to share my love of food and cooking more. Maybe a monthly dinner club. Still working on this.
Overall – I hope you all have a prosperous, loving, and adventurous 2012.